Applications are invited for Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic year. The scholarship is open to Arab students.
At the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation we are convinced that dialogue is essential for people to be able to unlock their collective wisdom, passion and creativity. Politically, economically, and socially, the fate of people across Europe and the Arab region is intertwined. Both regions are facing challenges and opportunities as a result of the same root causes. It is our sincere belief that through facilitated dialogue, people can make full use of the potential of their diversity and will be able to find common ground: common solutions and common opportunities.
Scholarship is available to pursue advanced Master degree programme.
Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
The maximum amount of the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship is €30,000.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students.
- The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a master student from an Arab country to attend an advanced master programme at Leiden University.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands.
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have been admitted into a one year Master programme at Leiden University. Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, and Sudan.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Applying procedure Instructions:
How to Apply: Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Appropriately signed references from two academic referees
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- Budget; please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 30,000 for an academic year;
- Signed and dated Application Form
Please make sure to send all of the documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Applications for the 2019/2020 academic year are open from 1 January 2019- February 15, 2019.